The Future of Finance
Symposium & Dinner
In May 2014, CFA Society Netherlands and Amsterdam Institute of Finance proudly presented their first joint symposium & dinner - The Future of Finance. This symposium brought industry leaders together to share their vision of the future of finance. Joining us on the day were around 150 professionals representing a variety of industries who took the opportunity to network and discuss.
A short synopsis of the day:
Event speakers were:
- George Möller - Chairman Supervisory Board, Autoriteit Financiële Markten & author of "Waardenloos"
- Roger Urwin - Member of Board of Governors, CFA Institute & Global Head of Investment Content, Towers Watson
- Theo Vermaelen - Professor of Finance & UBS Chair in Investment Banking in honor of Henry Grunfeld at INSEAD
- Raghu Rau - Sir Evelyn de Rothschild Professor of Finance, University of Cambridge, Judge Business School
- Jaap Winter - President Executive Board, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Tom Cummings proved to be a talented moderator, bringing together the inspirational thoughts and ideas from the panel and managing questions from the audience. The day consisted of two sessions, opened by Brenda Childers (AIF) and and Hilko de Brouwer (CFA Society NL).